Ayurvedic Self and Community Care [ASCC] – Fundamentals of Ayurveda
Course Description: The Ayurvedic Self and Community Care program is a one-of-a-kind foundation course designed for people who are interested in pursuing Ayurveda for self-care or professionally. This 4 month beginners program is a prerequisite for all other Ayurveda programs at CAISH. The program is for those who wish to incorporate the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda into daily living. It is a hands-on, self-developmental program that will teach you the fundamental principles and practices of Ayurvedic care in combination with its sister science Yoga.
[nz_il type=”square” icon=”icon-checkmark” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” background_color=”#AA1E22″ ]
- Holistic eco-spiritual approach of Ayurveda to all individuals who wish to learn Ayurveda for self-care and for their community.
- Focus of this program is the dosha (constitution/body type) analysis and teaches self-care practices with effective support for balancing all aspects of life.
Pre Requisite: High School or pre-university or Yoga Training. Note that this program is a REQUIRED Prerequisite for the Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor (AWC) Program
Tuition: $1,990 CAD plus applicable tax.
Duration of the Program: Total program duration is 4 months. Two weekday evening classes and ONE weekend per month class.
Hours of Study Breakdown: 200 Total Hours of which 160 are in class hours and 40 hours are home study time. Quiz/exam and 10 case studies to acquire the Certification of Completion.
Application Process: Please click on Apply Now from the Status column below and download the application form. Attach all documents required with the application form and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416 233 2049 to speak with our student registrar Nahid Ameen.
Scope of Practice: Knowledge gained from this program can be applied for self and community care. Focus on preventative care for self, friends and family is given during the program through dietary, lifestyle and herbal remedies.
What’s Next?: For students who want to pursue a career as an Ayurvedic Practitioner, can apply for the next Ayurvedic Counselor Program [AWC]
|200 Hours||Nicole Mahabir AYT
Nahid Ameen C.N.P
Completion and credit
towards Advanced Programs.
|March 2016||APPLY NOW|
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Ayurveda and Yoga are sister sciences
- Shad Dharsan
- Samkya, Panchmaha Bhutas, Indriyas
- Tri Gunas – Sattva, Rajas, Tamas,
- Prana, Tejas,Ojas
- Introduction to the Tridosha Theory
- Rasa, Virya and Vipaka
- Ayurvedic Nutrition & Food Guidelines
- Daily and Seasonal Routine
- Pathway to Health and Prevention of Disease
- Introduction to Meditation
- Basics of Ayurvedic Herbology
Assignment: 10 case studies.